Passionate for plants..especially edible ones. Vegetable and herbs of all kinds find there way into my kitchen. The produce section, farmers market, is a world of color, shape, aroma and texture. Explore along with me as I experiment, ponder, taste and savor the foods of a vegetable lifestyle. I love having a herb and vegetable garden... and encourage anyone with a bit of land or a pot to try. Of course, these days you can't think of food or farming without considering being green or eco.

Manna Bread

My first attempt at making sprouted bread...actually very easy to make.  But it does take 3 days to sprout the wheat berries.


 Sprout wheatberries until they start to have a "tail"







Rinse well and let drain for a bit.






In a food processor process until the berries on fully mashed.












Place in a mixing bowl...I add sesame seeds and 
some sea saIt and mix with a spatual.
 It comes out pretty sticky and wet...
gently "knead" in your hands for a few minutes 
then form into a flat loaf.






Place on a greased baking sheet.

Bake for 2-2 1/2 hours at 225 degrees.

The outside will get crisp but the inside will stay very moist.


No comments:

Post a Comment