Passionate for plants..especially edible ones. Vegetable and herbs of all kinds find there way into my kitchen. The produce section, farmers market, is a world of color, shape, aroma and texture. Explore along with me as I experiment, ponder, taste and savor the foods of a vegetable lifestyle. I love having a herb and vegetable garden... and encourage anyone with a bit of land or a pot to try. Of course, these days you can't think of food or farming without considering being green or eco.






One of the most amazing things to make with 
Red Peppers is...
Romesco Sauce!!!

 4 Roasted red peppers 
(boil until the skin is blackened...cool and remove skin)
Much better than from a jar.

Blanched and deseeded tomatoes ...say 3
(blanch in hot boiling water until the skins split...remove and plunge into cold water..
remove skins and seeds)
*I like it made with mostly peppers and a few tomatoes. 

olive oil...lots!

 1 cup Blanched Almonds (meaning the brown skins are taken off)
Soak the almonds until you can pop the skins off.

salt

and some stale bread like a good baguette or italian bread
you be the judge...sometimes I like a lot of bread other times I don't use any at all.


 in a food processor ...process everything together except the bread....once it is a bit chunky...
then add the bread and and process until the you get the consistency that you like.
smooth or chunky.

What do you serve it with...well....I find it so amazing...I just eat it as is.

Red Peppers Facts

No comments:

Post a Comment