Passionate for plants..especially edible ones. Vegetable and herbs of all kinds find there way into my kitchen. The produce section, farmers market, is a world of color, shape, aroma and texture. Explore along with me as I experiment, ponder, taste and savor the foods of a vegetable lifestyle. I love having a herb and vegetable garden... and encourage anyone with a bit of land or a pot to try. Of course, these days you can't think of food or farming without considering being green or eco.

Corn salsa recipe


Corn salsa

I actually used this as a topper for my Black Bean Gumbo

3 ears of fresh shucked corn (cooked or steamed first)
1 roasted red pepper-chopped into small bits (put in oven under boiler, skin side up take out when blacken....cool and remove skin) YUM!
1/2 white onion-also chopped into small bits
a couple of hot chilis (fresh or dried)
1/2 tsp of dried cranberries (soaked in warm water and drained)
brown sugar-1 tsp

sautee* the onions
add the peppers
cook a couple of minutes
add chilis**
sprinkle in the brown sugar
1/2 tsp water 
and let bubble
salt to taste

* I use olive oil
** remove chilis before your husband eats it.



more on GMO corn...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/12/monsantos-gmo-corn-linked_n_420365.html

No comments:

Post a Comment