Passionate for plants..especially edible ones. Vegetable and herbs of all kinds find there way into my kitchen. The produce section, farmers market, is a world of color, shape, aroma and texture. Explore along with me as I experiment, ponder, taste and savor the foods of a vegetable lifestyle. I love having a herb and vegetable garden... and encourage anyone with a bit of land or a pot to try. Of course, these days you can't think of food or farming without considering being green or eco.

Thai Coconut Soup


2 cans of Coconut milk
Two stalks of Fresh Lemon Grass (from my garden)
a handful Fresh Lime leaves*
a handful Galanga (thai ginger-dried)*
8 oz. Mushrooms
1 cup Organic peas
2 large Organic Carrots
Thai red chili paste-adjust to taste
dried chiles (not shown)
1/2 cup of water or coconut water
sea salt

Combine and simmer until carrots are cooked thru.

*not edible

There are lots of recipes online...even some good youtube videos.

Adjust your soup to how spicy or mild you like it.
I use lite coconut milk and a lot of chilis. 
Regular ginger can be used instead of Galanga.
Lime juice instead of leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment