Passionate for plants..especially edible ones. Vegetable and herbs of all kinds find there way into my kitchen. The produce section, farmers market, is a world of color, shape, aroma and texture. Explore along with me as I experiment, ponder, taste and savor the foods of a vegetable lifestyle. I love having a herb and vegetable garden... and encourage anyone with a bit of land or a pot to try. Of course, these days you can't think of food or farming without considering being green or eco.

Leek diakon mushroom Soup

While thinking of leek soup....I didn't want to just use potatoes...I was at a farm stand looking for a good substitute and then I saw some diakon.  It was a perfect fit with the leeks.
And the mushrooms to gave it a yummy broth.
Diakon has a mild radishy taste and stays firm even when throughly cooked.




Diakon






Leeks (use just the bottoms - sliced into 1/4" pieces)

Sautee leeks in olive oil (3-4 stalks)
add diced diakon (3 big )
cook a bit until just done.
add mushrooms (1/2 cup)
add water to cover
salt/pepper to taste

Simmer until soft.

No comments:

Post a Comment