Passionate for plants..especially edible ones. Vegetable and herbs of all kinds find there way into my kitchen. The produce section, farmers market, is a world of color, shape, aroma and texture. Explore along with me as I experiment, ponder, taste and savor the foods of a vegetable lifestyle. I love having a herb and vegetable garden... and encourage anyone with a bit of land or a pot to try. Of course, these days you can't think of food or farming without considering being green or eco.

Inspiration

Often I have an idea about what I want to try to make...first thinking about the flavors as in ....spicy...sweet...savory.  Not, oh... I want to make leek soup.  I go to the store, farmers market or farm and see what looks good...what's in season.  Then the inspiration kicks in....the colors, the freshness. Then I often check out the fresh herbs and the dried spices...maybe there is something I have not tried yet. I peruse the beans...nuts...dried fruit.  That's when it all comes together....the recipe is as organic as the ingredients. 

More than often it is frustrating to look at a recipe and then try to go and find the ingredients....especially if something is out of season or too exotic.   That's why I hope you find my recipes as inspiration...because the amounts, measurements may vary.  Cooking is often to taste.  Baking is a science.




Last shopping inspiration.


I made:
Cranberry juice
Squash soup topped with mushrooms/kale and seasoned with cumin/tangerine juice
Almond soup with chucks of carrots/celery and roasted garlic
Asparagus  soup
Yam Fries with vegie lemon mayo.







ahh..cranberries...I use to pick them out in the dunes of Amagansett.

East Hampton was once the main places for 
cranberries and once had many cranberries bogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment